HPLIP Plug-in installation failed

Why Use CJ Tech Support? Forums 6. Computer and Network Tech Support HPLIP Plug-in installation failed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Wazza
    Keymaster

HP Plug-in installation failed

I upgraded my lubuntu system to version 15.04 and now I can’t print.
    The linux Hewlett-Packard HP LaserJet Professional M1212nf MFP failed to print. Everything looks OK, it shows up in the printer list, but fails to produce any prints.
    I have searched for a fix on the net and the problem seems to be related to confusion in the python path for the hplip plugin. Manually compiling HPLIP makes it based on Python2 whereas the packaged version installed with the latest update is based on Python3.

I found some people saying that it is a version problem and you should do this. Don’t!
    This doesn’t work.
    sudo apt-get autoremove
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hplip/+bug/1430561
    The problem is identified here, which is wonderful, but they don’t show you how to fix the problem.
    There seem to be an issue with the auto installer script . While we take a look at it can you try manually installing the hplip.

Here are the steps.
    1 . Go inside the folder hplip-3.15.2. It should be created at the same location where auto installer was run.

change directory to hplip-3.15.2

cd hplip-3.15.2

2. Run command ./configure –prefix=/usr
    3. Run ‘make’ command.
    4. Run ‘sudo make install’

This should install hplip in your system
    Configure the device and let us know if everything is working.

If you are a python developer you may be able to nut it out, but I don’t have those qualifications so I had to find an alternative.

This solution worked for me.
    http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install/install/index.html

Step 1: Download the Automatic Installer (.run file)
    Download HPLIP 3.15.4:

Step 2: Open a terminal and Run the Automatic Installer from the download location.
    cd \home\user\Download
    sh hplip-3.15.4.run
    follow the default prompts.

Visit the source location above for more information. It is a long script to follow but very well explained and relevant.
    After 3 hours of frustration, following every blog solution that didn’t work, I now have a hp printer both visible and working correctly.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.